I am neither an Apostle nor a Saint for I have never seen the risen Christ. I’m not even sure I have the ears to hear or the eyes to see the hidden meaning in His word. Yet I believe my beloved Patricia lives! For I have seen her standing before me when I awake, gently touching me, comforting me. Yes that gentle kiss on my lips that awakened me from a nap on the couch the day after she died was very real. “…The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.” 1 Corinthians 42-44. Yes she still lives and we are One in God – two joined as One in a resurrection body dwelling within. I believe in God with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my mind, and with all my strength. That day after kiss was all it took!
Patricia my beloved is at peace, that same love and peace of God that surrounds and upholds all who love and mourn. Neither death nor any created thing is able to separate us from the divine love we share in Holy Matrimony – it continues beyond death for all eternity. Now we see through a glass dimly, but then we shall see clearly face to face. The mystery of death and the wonder of life are one. Once, we were within the security of the womb and faced the trauma of birth not knowing the awesome wonders nor the love that awaited us in the world yet to be experienced. So shall it be in death. “Death is not the extinguishing of the light, it is but the putting out of the lamp for the dawn has come.” God is Love and we love forever!
My five essential truths that are most true:
- Love is from God, whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
- Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening; no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate what Love has joined.
- I love Pat and Pat loves me forever; until death do us part is meaningless.
- By marriage, two are united into One, a Trinity in the image of God,
- Pat dwells in me and I in her through God for all eternity because God is Love.